The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District will accept applications for the following positions until filled.
- Assistant Teacher, Armstrong Middle School
- SPED Teachers, Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District
- Network Systems Manager, Technology
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY-CENTERED PROGRAMS
Responsibilities: Oversee program implementation of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers after school project.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in administration, education or related area; evidence of leadership and knowledge of teaching practices; and strong interpersonal skills and management ability.
After School Teachers
Responsibilities: Assist students in academic instruction in general education and/or specialized areas (e.g. STEM, arts, etc.) with specific emphasis on bridging regular day classroom instruction with afterschool academic enrichment.
Qualifications: Highly qualified in subject area, successful teaching experience, strong interpersonal skills and management ability.
Adult Education Instructor (PT)
- Responsibilities: Provide literacy, high school equivalency, on-line diploma instruction for adults.
- Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and teaching experience; experience teaching adults and/or out-of-school youth; above average computer skills; excellent organizational skills; ability to connect with community; self-starter; flexible schedule.
Childcare Provider (PT)
- Responsibilities: Provide childcare for families participating in Family Centered Programs’ services.
- Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent, experience working with young children, experience working with persons form diverse cultural and economic backgrounds, good communication skills.
Preschool Teacher (FT, 9 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide a developmentally appropriate instructional environment for young children.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, or related field; early childhood teaching experience; excellent communication skills; knowledge of sound early childhood principles.
Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with young children.
- Requirements: CDA and/or 2 years of college required; experience working with young children; demonstrated experience in using developmentally appropriate practices; excellent oral communication skills.
WorkKeys assessment available at Emerson Family School, 1504 Louisville Street, Starkville. Call 615-0033 for more information.
Pre-K Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with 4 year old children.
- Requirements: Early Childhood Associates Degree or Associates Degree and 12 early childhood college credit hours or completion of an approved program (e.g. CDA, National Board Pre-K Certification, Director’s Credential, Montessori Credential, or the MDE’s intensive specialized early childhood training program).
Extended Day Program, August 6, 2018 - May 23, 2019
- Description: Part-time summer job requiring supervision of children (K-5) during playground activities, snack, board games, skating, homework assistance, art activities, etc. The program is located at Sudduth Elementary School.
- Additional Information: Prefer elementary education majors or individuals with prior experience supervising children (scouts, church activities, sports, day care facility, etc.). You must be available to work Monday - Friday between the hours of 2:45 - 5:30.
- Hourly Wages: $8.00/hr
- NOTE: You will be contacted by phone if you are selected for an interview.
- Bus Drivers