The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District will accept applications for the following positions until filled.
- School Psychologist, Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District
- Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District
- School Nurse, Armstrong Middle School and Starkville High School
- Records Clerk, SHS
- ICT I Teacher, Armstrong Middle School
- Chemistry Teacher, SHS
- Human Resources Benefits Specialist, Greensboro Center
- SPED Teachers, Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District
- Math Teachers, Starkville High School
- English Teacher, Armstrong Middle School
- Spanish Teacher, Starkville High School
- Baseball Coach, Starkville High School
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY-CENTERED PROGRAMS
- Responsibilities: Coordination the implementation of the goals and objectives of a child abuse prevention project providing parent education, operate a family resource center, respite care of families of young children, promoting child abuse and neglect awareness in the community, publishing a community resource guide, and submitting accurate monthly reports of project activities and evaluation results.
- Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in education, sociology, social work or related field, experience in working with family programs, relates well to diverse culturees, good organizational skills, knowledge of the community, strong communication skills, availability for day and evening.
Extended Day Program Manager
- Responsibilities: Manage all aspects of the daily operation of a fee-based after school and summer program at multiple sites.
- Qualifications: Degree in elementary education or related field, excellent organizational and communication skills, staff supervision and financial management experience.
Family Centered Programs’ 21st CCLC: Transformers project
After School Teacher (PT): Emerson Family School
Childcare Provider (PT)
Preschool Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide a developmentally appropriate instructional environment for young children.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, or related field; early childhood teaching experience; excellent communication skills; knowledge of sound early childhood principles.
Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with young children.
- Requirements: CDA and/or 2 years of college required; experience working with young children; demonstrated experience in using developmentally appropriate practices; excellent oral communication skills.
WorkKeys assessment available at Emerson Family School, 1504 Louisville Street, Starkville. Call 615-0033 for more information. Pre-K Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with 4 year old children.
- Requirements: Early Childhood Associates Degree or Associates Degree and 12 early childhood college credit hours or completion of an approved program (e.g. CDA, National Board Pre-K Certification, Director’s Credential, Montessori Credential, or the MDE’s intensive specialized early childhood training program).
After School Teacher (PT)
- Responsibilities: Provide supervision of children (K-5) during after-school enrichment activities such as homework assistance, games, art activities, playground activities.
- Qualifications: High School diploma with experience working with children.
21st CCLC After School Teacher (part-time)
- Responsibilities: Provide academic and enrichment instruction for 4 year-old children during after school hours.
- Qualifications: Mississippi teacher license. Successful teaching experience. Strong interpersonal skills.
21st CCLC After School Assistant Teachers (part-time)
- Responsibilities: Assist in academic and enrichment instruction for 4 year-old children during after school hours.
- Qualifications: Two years of college with an emphasis in early childhood. Experience working with young children.
Summer Extended Plus Program, May 29 - July 26
- Description: Part-time summer job requiring supervision of children (K-5) during playground activities, breakfast/lunch, board games, skating, movies, water slide, etc. The program is located at Sudduth Elementary School.
- Additional Information: Prefer elementary education majors or individuals with prior experience supervising children (scouts, church activities, sports, day care facility, etc.). You must be available to work Monday - Friday during one of the following periods: 7:30 am until 12:30 pm or 12:15 pm until 5:15 pm. If you are interested, you may be able to work up to 40 hours per week.
- Hourly Wages: $8.00/hr
- NOTE: You will be contacted by phone if you are selected for an interview.
- Bus Drivers
- Full Time Cafeteria Cook - SHS
- Full Time Cafeteria Cook - AMS
- Full Time Cafeteria Cook - HWS