The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District will accept applications for the following positions until filled.
- SPED Teachers, Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District
- Math Curriculum and Intervention Specialist, Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District
- Math Teachers, Starkville High School
- English Teacher, Armstrong Middle School
- Vocational Counselor, Millsaps Career and Technical Center
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY-CENTERED PROGRAMS
Family Centered Programs’ 21st CCLC: Transformers project
Preschool Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide a developmentally appropriate instructional environment for young children.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, or related field; early childhood teaching experience; excellent communication skills; knowledge of sound early childhood principles.
Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with young children.
- Requirements: CDA and/or 2 years of college required; experience working with young children; demonstrated experience in using developmentally appropriate practices; excellent oral communication skills.
WorkKeys assessment available at Emerson Family School, 1504 Louisville Street, Starkville. Call 615-0033 for more information. Pre-K Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with 4 year old children.
- Requirements: Early Childhood Associates Degree or Associates Degree and 12 early childhood college credit hours or completion of an approved program (e.g. CDA, National Board Pre-K Certification, Director’s Credential, Montessori Credential, or the MDE’s intensive specialized early childhood training program).
After School Teacher (PT)
- Responsibilities: Provide supervision of children (K-5) during after-school enrichment activities such as homework assistance, games, art activities, playground activities.
- Qualifications: High School diploma with experience working with children.
Program Manager (FT/12 months)
- Responsibilities: Implement the goals and objectives of a child abuse prevention project. The purpose of this project is to provide child abuse prevention services such as parenting classes, managing a family resource center, providing case management services, and organizing child abuse prevention awareness activities throughout Oktibbeha County.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in education, sociology, social work, or related field, experience working with family programs, relates well to diverse cultures, good organizational skills, knowledge of the community, strong communication skills, availability for day and some evenings and weekends.
Project Manager, (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: The Program Manager will oversee the implementation of a 21st Century Community Learning Center after school program.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher in education, administration, or related area. Experience in program management. Evidence of leadership and knowledge of teaching practices. Strong interpersonal skills and management ability.
Project HELP Specialist/Tutor (PT)
- Responsibilities: Identify and provide educational support services and tutoring for homeless children and youth in the Starkville Oktibbeha School District service area.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in education, social sciences or related field. Minimum of 2 years of successful experience working with diverse children and youth, good organizational and communication skills, links well with the schools and the community.
- Responsibilities: Provide support services and help program participants identify and obtain resources.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in social science, counseling, or related area. Five years’ experience working with high-risk, diverse populations and knowledgeable about the needs of families residing in Oktibbeha County. Strong documentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
EXTENDED DAY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
The Extended Day Program is building a pool of applicants for the 2013-2014 school year. GENERAL INFO: Part-time job requiring supervision of children (grades K – 5th) during after-school enrichment activities such as homework assistance, games, art activities, playground activities, skating, etc. The program is located at Overstreet School. QUALIFICATIONS: Prefer Elementary Education majors or individuals with prior experience supervising children (scouts, church activities, YMCA, sports, day care facility, etc.). You MUST BE available to work MON – FRI between 2:45 – 5:15 PM. HOURLY WAGES: 7.25 per hour NOTE: You will be contacted by PHONE if you are selected for an interview. After School Teacher (part-time, multiple positions): Responsibilities: Provide academic tutorial and enrichment instruction for children grades 3-8. Qualifications: Mississippi teacher license. Successful teaching experience. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Custodian at Henderson Ward Stewart
- Bus Drivers
- Mechanic – Bus Shop