The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District will accept applications for the following positions until filled.
- Police Chief
- SPED Teacher-Visually Impaired – Armstrong Middle School
- SPED Teachers – Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District
- Math Teachers – Starkville High School
- English Teacher – Armstrong Middle School
- JCC Instructor – Armstrong Middle
- Jr. Varsity/Varsity Baseball Coach
- Middle School Robotics/PLTW Teacher – Armstrong Middle School
- High School Guidance Counselor – Starkville High
- Assistant Varsity Cheer Coach – Starkville High Athletics
- Cheer Sponsor – Starkville High Athletics
Sports Medicine Teacher – Millsaps Career & Technology Center
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY-CENTERED PROGRAMS
Family Centered Programs’ 21st CCLC: Transformers project
Preschool Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide a developmentally appropriate instructional environment for young children.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, or related field; early childhood teaching experience; excellent communication skills; knowledge of sound early childhood principles.
Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with young children.
- Requirements: CDA and/or 2 years of college required; experience working with young children; demonstrated experience in using developmentally appropriate practices; excellent oral communication skills.
WorkKeys assessment available at Emerson Family School, 1504 Louisville Street, Starkville. Call 615-0033 for more information.
Pre-K Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with 4 year old children.
- Requirements: Early Childhood Associates Degree or Associates Degree and 12 early childhood college credit hours or completion of an approved program (e.g. CDA, National Board Pre-K Certification, Director’s Credential, Montessori Credential, or the MDE’s intensive specialized early childhood training program).
After School Teacher (PT)
- Responsibilities: Provide supervision of children (K-5) during after-school enrichment activities such as homework assistance, games, art activities, playground activities.
- Qualifications: High School diploma with experience working with children.
Cook, FT (Emerson Preschool)
Responsibilities: Performs the duties associated with providing nutritious, balanced and safe meals for young children according to the MS Department of Health Guidelines. Duties include menu planning, purchasing food items, food preparation, serving food, cleaning and sanitizing all areas of the kitchen including equipment and facility, and record keeping.
Qualifications: High school diploma or GED. ServSafe certification. Good organizational skills and an ability to maintain professional conduct at all times.
Summer Extended Plus Program (Full-time and Part-time positions)
EXTENDED DAY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
The Extended Day Program is building a pool of applicants for the 2013-2014 school year.
GENERAL INFO: Part-time job requiring supervision of children (grades K – 5th) during after-school enrichment activities such as homework assistance, games, art activities, playground activities, skating, etc. The program is located at Overstreet School.
QUALIFICATIONS: Prefer Elementary Education majors or individuals with prior experience supervising children (scouts, church activities, YMCA, sports, day care facility, etc.). You MUST BE available to work MON – FRI between 2:45 – 5:15 PM. HOURLY WAGES: 7.25 per hour
NOTE: You will be contacted by PHONE if you are selected for an interview. After School Teacher (part-time, multiple positions): Responsibilities: Provide academic tutorial and enrichment instruction for children grades 3-8.
Qualifications: Mississippi teacher license. Successful teaching experience. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bus Drivers
- Full time cook at AMS
- Full time cook at SHS
- Part time cook at SHS
- Full time janitor at SES