The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District will accept applications for the following positions until filled.
- Police Chief
- ICT I Teacher – Armstrong Middle School
- Middle School History Teacher – Armstrong Middle School
- Math- full time
- History Teacher – SHS
2017-2018 School Year:
- SPED Teacher-Visually Impaired – Armstrong Middle School
- SPED Teachers – Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District
- Math Teachers – Starkville High School
- English Teacher – Armstrong Middle School
- JCC Instructor – Armstrong Middle
- Science Teacher/Football Coach – Starkville High
- Teacher Assistant – Sudduth Elementary
- Jr. Varsity/Varsity Baseball Coach
- Volleyball Head Coach – Athletics
- Middle School Robotics/PLTW Teacher – Armstrong Middle School
- High School Remedial Reading Teacher
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY-CENTERED PROGRAMS
Family Centered Programs’ 21st CCLC: Transformers project
Preschool Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide a developmentally appropriate instructional environment for young children.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, or related field; early childhood teaching experience; excellent communication skills; knowledge of sound early childhood principles.
Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with young children.
- Requirements: CDA and/or 2 years of college required; experience working with young children; demonstrated experience in using developmentally appropriate practices; excellent oral communication skills.
WorkKeys assessment available at Emerson Family School, 1504 Louisville Street, Starkville. Call 615-0033 for more information.
Pre-K Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with 4 year old children.
- Requirements: Early Childhood Associates Degree or Associates Degree and 12 early childhood college credit hours or completion of an approved program (e.g. CDA, National Board Pre-K Certification, Director’s Credential, Montessori Credential, or the MDE’s intensive specialized early childhood training program).
After School Teacher (PT)
- Responsibilities: Provide supervision of children (K-5) during after-school enrichment activities such as homework assistance, games, art activities, playground activities.
- Qualifications: High School diploma with experience working with children.
EXTENDED DAY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
The Extended Day Program is building a pool of applicants for the 2013-2014 school year.
GENERAL INFO: Part-time job requiring supervision of children (grades K – 5th) during after-school enrichment activities such as homework assistance, games, art activities, playground activities, skating, etc. The program is located at Overstreet School.
QUALIFICATIONS: Prefer Elementary Education majors or individuals with prior experience supervising children (scouts, church activities, YMCA, sports, day care facility, etc.). You MUST BE available to work MON – FRI between 2:45 – 5:15 PM. HOURLY WAGES: 7.25 per hour
NOTE: You will be contacted by PHONE if you are selected for an interview. After School Teacher (part-time, multiple positions): Responsibilities: Provide academic tutorial and enrichment instruction for children grades 3-8.
Qualifications: Mississippi teacher license. Successful teaching experience. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bus Drivers