With a vision of excellence and a mission of discovering and developing every student's passion, purpose and potential, the Starkville Oktibbeha School District has developed a strategic plan to transform our district over the next five years.
The District's strategic plan is built on excellence in teaching, excellence in student achievement, excellence in school culture, excellence in community collaboration and excellence in operational achievement. It identifies the goals and strategies to prepare our students and our employees for excellence, and it allows us to be intentioanl and purposeful in our decisions as we strive for excellence every day.
The mission of the Starkville Oktibbeha School District is to achieve excellence by facilitating the discovery and development of each student's passion, purpose and potential.
Expect excellence every day.
- We believe excellent public schools are the heart of a thriving community.
- We believe excellent teachers are essential for student success.
- We believe diversity is a strength and shall be embraced, recognized and celebrated.
- We believe problem solving, critical thinking and creativity cultivate life-long learners.
- We believe quality education fosters leadership and develops good citizens.
- We believe our schools must be safe, welcoming and respectful to all.
- We believe engaging our families and community is vital to each student's growth.
We will maximize growth of all students through rigorous and meaningful instruction.
We will foster and maintain inviting, equitable, healthy learning environments that promote safety, engagement and excellence.
We will recruite and retain a highly qualified, diverse workforce through an equitable process to ensure student achievment.
We will engage and partner with community stakeholders to foster greater student opportunities and build a more vibrant quality of life.
We will maximize resources to ensure operational effectiveness.