Contact the SOCSD Office of Child Nutrition
200 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District’s Office of Child Nutrition welcomes students and families to a new school year.
As you prepare for the first day of school, we want to offer some friendly reminders and updates regarding our school cafeterias and online meal payment accounts!
- It’s hot outside! Students may bring a personal water bottle with them to school. Students are encouraged to drink water during snack and recess times. During lunch students may fill (or refill if needed) their personal water bottle with water from a fountain or cooler located in our school cafeterias. Our school cafeterias also sell bottled water for fifty cents which students may purchase with cash or they may use their prepaid school meal accounts.
- If my child brings his/her lunch, can he/she purchase milk in the cafeteria? Yes. Students may purchase milk in the school cafeterias with cash or they may use their prepaid school meal account.
- How do I set up an online meal payment account? Go to www.starkvillesd.com and look under quick links to find My School Bucks or you can access it directly here: https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ver2/login/getmain?requestAction=home
- Returning students should be in the system already. New students may not yet be entered, but we are working on it. Parents may also send a check to the school cafeteria to deposit money in his/her child’s meal account in grades K-8. SHS students may pay for their meals in cash on the line daily.
- Where can I find breakfast and lunch menus for my child’s school? Menus for the month of August are available online: http://www.starkvillesd.com/school-lunch-menus/
- I have questions about my free/reduced lunch application. You can apply online here: https://www.heartlandapps.com/Terms.aspx?host=starkvillesd.heartlandapps.com&apply=1 or you can contact Child Nutrition at 662.615.0027.
- What are the components of a school lunch?
Here’s how it works:
All school lunches consist of five components:
Students must select at least three components, but they may also choose four or five of the components. One of their choices must be a fruit or a vegetable. Students are NOT required to choose milk. However, our school cafeterias do offer white milk and flavored milk. Flavored milk contains the same nine essential nutrients as white milk, including vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, riboflavin, vitamin D, potassium, phosphorus, and protein. Our goal is to help students get three daily servings of milk as recommended by Dietary Guidelines for children, and studies have shown students drink less milk and get fewer nutrients when flavored milk is removed from the cafeteria.
Our child nutrition program looks forward to serving your child!
Grades K-5: $2.35
Grades 6-12: $2.35
Student Additional Lunch: $3.10
Online Meal Payment
No more lost or forgotten lunch money! The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District Office of Child Nutrition has implemented mySchoolBucks to help parents keep track of their child’s school meal accounts.
- Mange your entire family’s school meal accounts from home, office or any internet accessible computer.
- 24/7 convenient access to prepayment service, account balances and recent purchase history information.
- Check your child’s current meal account balances online.
- View a report of the last 30 days transactions for your child
- Automatically receive low balance email notifications.
- Create an account today at www.myschoolbucks.com .
- Questions? Contact the Office of Child Nutrition at 662-615-0027.