In June 2013, the Starkville School District Board of Trustees adopted a comprehensive strategic plan outlining eight broad goals for the district, each with an actionable agenda. The strategic plan will serve as guiding principles for the future growth of Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District and a road map for setting priorities. In addition, mission, vision and values statements were also adopted. For more information, please download the full strategic plan here.
To provide every student with an education that is rigorous and relevant in every classroom, every day, preparing them to be college/career ready.
An excellent public education that is critical to our community’s quality of life and a thriving economy.
Transparency in Communication
Dedicated Faculty and Staff
Quality Instruction in a safe environment
Opportunities to Excel in Academics, Athletics, and the Arts
- Accelerate academic achievement for every child and close achievement gaps so every child graduates college/career-ready.
- Ensure every class in every school has an effective teacher who is led by an effective principal served by quality support staff.
- Initiate and expand innovative partnerships with the community that engage students.
- Establish a culture of pride, trust and respect in schools that fosters a safe and secure learning environment.
- Maximize performance utilizing data-informed and evidence-based decision-making.
- Increase technology access and integration to support inspired learning and teaching.
- Maximize facilities to promote an environment that enhances learning.
- Communicate proactively and transparently to strengthen public trust, culture of high engagement, customer service and cultural competency.