The Starkville Oktibbeha School District has begun the process of developing a strategic plan to guide the future direction of our District. When completed, the plan will include a mission, vision, beliefs and goals along with targeted and prioritized action steps to move our district forward.
The strategic planning team of internal and external stakeholders has completed the initial first steps of drafting the District’s mission, vision and belief statements along with five goal areas which include student achievement, school climate, culture, diversity, and equity; human resources and personnel, community collaboration, and operational effectiveness and facility planning.
We invite you to take a moment to review the work of the team and share your thoughts with us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we prepare to take the next steps of developing “we will” statements to achieve our goals.
Thank you in advance your participation in this important process.
The mission of the Starkville Oktibbeha School District is to achieve excellence by facilitating the discovery and development of each student’s passion, purpose, and potential.
Expect excellence every day.
- We believe excellent public schools are the heart of a thriving community.
- We believe excellent teachers are essential for student success.
- We believe diversity is a strength and should be embraced, recognized, and celebrated.
- We believe problem solving, critical thinking and creativity cultivate life-long learners.
- We believe quality education fosters leadership and develops good citizens.
- We believe our schools must be safe, welcoming, and respectful to all.
- We believe family and community engagement are important.