In 2018, with a vision of excellence and a mission of discovering and developing every student’s passion, purpose, and potential, the Starkville Oktibbeha School District developed a strategic plan to transform our district over the next five years. This plan serves as a roadmap for how we expect excellence. It identifies the goals and strategies to prepare our students and our employees for excellence, and it allows us to be intentional and purposeful in our decisions as we strive for excellence every day. Visit our Spark Resources page to download an abbreviated copy of the plan.
The mission of the Starkville Oktibbeha School District is to achieve excellence by facilitating the discovery and development of each student's passion, purpose, and potential.
Expect excellence every day.
- We believe excellence public schools are the heart of a thriving community.
- We believe excellent teachers are essential for student success.
- We believe diversity is a strength and shall be embraced, recognized, and celebrated.
- We believe problem solving, critical thinking and creativity cultivate life-long learners.
- We believe quality education fosters leadership and develops good citizens.
- We believe our schools must be safe, welcoming, and respectful to all.
- We believe engaging our families and community is vital to ensuring each student's growth.
We will maximize growth of all students through rigorous and meaningful instruction.
We will foster and maintain inviting, equitable, healthy learning environments that promote safety, engagement, and excellence.
We will recruit and retain a highly qualified, diverse workforce through an equitable process to ensure student achievement.
We will engage and partner with community stakeholders to foster greater student opportunities and build a more vibrant quality of life.
We will maximize resources to ensure operational effectiveness.