SCHOOL-APPROVED FLYER SUBMISSION & GUIDELINES
Flyer Approval Guidelines for SOCSD via Peachjar Electronic Distribution
Starkville Oktibbeha School District cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students and staff by allowing them to distribute materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
If you are a business partner or community organization, and you would like the option of distributing flyers to our schools, please go to www.peachjar.com to register or you may contact Peachjar directly at (858)997-2117 for support.
Peachjar’s Community Free Flyer Posting Program allows local community organizations to distribute their digital flyers to nearby schools at no cost when promoting a free event or activity that does not encourage participants to join a fee-based program, or include the opportunity to purchase products, services or food and beverages. Peachjar also allows community partners to share flyers electronically for free if the organization is returning a portion of funds raised from an event to the school district. Peachjar limits organizations using free flyer distribution to one posting every 30 days.
Events that include fees may also be distributed, but Peachjar does charge businesses/organizations a fee of $25 per school for this service which is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
All flyers are subject to the following criteria:
- The flyer must be educational in nature, promoting an educational experience, healthy use of leisure time and/or a special enrichment activity for our students/families.
- The flyer must support the basic educational mission of SOCSD and/or benefit our students/families in a positive manner.
- All flyers must include the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Approval of your flyer does not imply District endorsement of any identified product and/or of services.
- Flyers will not be approved unless they have met the above-mentioned criteria.