Get ready for a new year of excellent learning experiences!
Online registration for returning students for the 2020-21 school year opens July 8.
To complete your online registration form, you must log into your PowerSchool parent portal at http://www.starkvillesd.com/parents/power-school. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one to complete registration requirements.
For the 2020-21 school year, the Mississippi State Auditor's Office has waived proof of residency requirements for returning students ONLY who do NOT have a change of address for the 2020-21 school year. You must indicate on your online registration form that your address has not changed from the previous school year in order to be exempt from proof of residency requirements for the 2020-21 school year.
If your address has changed, you will be required to provide two proofs of residency verification for your child to legally enroll in the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidation School District. Proofs of residency must be current and must have the same address as the one listed on the registration document. Parents/guardians must provide the Starkville Oktibbeha School District with a minimum of one document from each group as verification of address.
- Mortgage Statement
- Property Tax Bill
- Filed Homestead Exemption Application
- Apartment or Home Lease
- Filed Property or Warranty Deed
- Utility Bill
- Water Bill
- Electric Bill
- Gas Bill
- Cable Bill
- Garbage Bill
- Driver's License or State Issued Identification Card
- Certified copy of filed petition for guardianship/final guardianship decree
If utilities are included in the Apartment or Home Lease, please use one of the following documents for the second proof of residency:
- Doctor, dentist or hospital bill (mailed to address)
- Credit card statement
- Insurance policy (Health)
- State or federal benefit check
- Salary check stub
- Government mailing (Social Security or Medicaid Determination letter, IRS, etc.)
- Bank Statement
- Driver’s License or State Issued Identification Card
District administration may approve other documentation that will objectively verify residency ONLY in circumstances that building level administrators deem extenuating circumstances.
AUTOMOBILE REGISTRATION AND VOTER PRECINCT IDENTIFICATION ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY.
Updated immunization form required for all students entering 7th Grade:
- The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) will require the Tdap vaccination for all students entering 7th grade beginning with the coming school year.
- Students entering 7th grade will not be allowed to attend school without providing an updated immunization record, referred to as a Form 121 Immunization document showing all required immunizations, including the Tdap vaccination.
- The required Tdap vaccination and other recommended vaccinations are available at the Oktibbeha County Health Department located on Yeates Street.
- Parents must provide an updated immunization record if their child is entering 7th grade.
For more information about required immunizations, go to https://www.starkvillesd.com/news/1683717/parents-urged-to-make-appointments-now-for-back-to-school-immunizations.
If you have questions about registration, please email email@example.com.
The Starkville Oktibbeha School District looks forward to welcoming our students and famililes to an excellent new year!