NUTRITION & MEALS
The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District’s Office of Child Nutrition provides our students with healthy meals for breakfast and lunch throughout the school year, as well as meals for children ages 0-18 during the summer months.
MEAL PRICES FOR 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR
- Breakfast is FREE for all students in grades PreK-12 for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Parents must submit a meal application for their students to qualify for free school meals for the 2023-2024 school year.
- The cost of a full-price school lunch is $2.35. Visit myschoolbucks.com to add money to your student's account.
COMPLETE YOUR SCHOOL LUNCH APPLICATION
Parents are encouraged to complete a school lunch application to determine financial need for school meals, Title I funding, reduced fees for Advanced Placement testing, tuition for dual credit/dual enrollment courses, and other state and/or federal benefits.
Family who meet the following eligibility guidelines should complete an application.
All children in households receiving benefits from [State SNAP], [the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)] or [State TANF], are eligible for free meals.
Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart.
Please click here to complete your school lunch application if you meet eligibility guidelines. Meal applications for the 2023-2024 school year are available on July 1, 2023 and may be completed at the link above at any time.
If you have questions, please contact Child Nutrition at 662.615.0027 for assistance.
ONLINE MEAL PAYMENT
The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District Office of Child Nutrition has implemented MySchoolBucks to help parents keep track of their child’s school meal accounts.
MySchoolBucks allows parents to:
- Mange your entire family’s school meal accounts from home, office or any internet accessible computer.
- 24/7 convenient access to prepayment service, account balances and recent purchase history information.
- Check your child’s current meal account balances online.
- View a report of the last 30 days transactions for your child
- Automatically receive low balance email notifications.
Create an account today at www.myschoolbucks.com. Questions? Contact the Office of Child Nutrition at 662-615-0027.
*If you have a fund balance in your MySchoolBucks account for the previous school year, you will be able to request a refund after August 1. Details for processing a refund request will be shared with parents after August 1.