After reviewing guidance from the Mississippi Department of Health for quarantine periods, we are updating our Covid-19 guidance for quarantine periods for students who are identified as close contacts to a Covid-positive case.
Beginning February 1, students will be able to return to school from quarantine 10 days after close contact exposure, if the student does not exhibit any symptoms during the 10-day period, and the student receives a negative PCR test collected on day 5, 6, or 7 after exposure. Students who do NOT test must quarantine for 14 days before returning to school.
Students can discontinue quarantine only if the following criteria are also met:
- No symptoms of COVID-19 at any point during the quarantine period; and,
- Continue to monitor for symptoms for a full 14 days; and,
- Continue to wear masks and practice social distancing at all times for a full 14
- If symptoms develop, immediately self-isolate and seek testing for COVID-10,
- Remember, a negative test collected prior to day 5 cannot be used to shorten
- the quarantine period.
The district will continue to revisit procedures regarding COVID-19 quarantine requirements for students in our efforts to reduce transmission and maintain a safe school environment.
Thank you in advance for your continued support of our efforts to keep our students, teachers, staff and families safe during this time. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.
Eddie Peasant, Supt.