COVID-19: SOSD Updates & Response
Response to issues surrounding Covid-19 is a rapidly evolving situation, and the Starkville Oktibbeha School District is on 24-hour alert. The health, safety and well-being of our students and staff are our top priorities. This page will serve as an on-going feed of SOSD response updates, event changes and closures, and resources. Please visit the following links for up-to-date information.
Practice these Preventative Measures:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands; germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
- Practice social distancing, which the CDC defines as remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible.
It is imperative that our students, families and employees follow recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the Mississippi State Department of Health regarding social distancing and key preventative measures. We're counting on you, Jackets!