COVID-19 & Return to School Updates
As the Starkville Oktibbeha School District plans for August, it is becoming increasingly unlikely that we will return to pre-Covid19 normalcy for the 2020-21 school year. This year will require us to be more flexible than ever. SOSD is prepared to make adjustments as necessary. The District will respond to new information as received, and we will revise and adapt plans accordingly and appropriately. The health, safety and well-being of our students and staff are our top priorities. This page will serve as an on-going feed of SOSD return to school updates, Covid-19 response, event information and resources. Please visit the following links for up-to-date information.
Practice these Preventative Measures:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands; germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
- Practice social distancing, which the CDC defines as remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible.
It is imperative that our students, families and employees follow recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the Mississippi State Department of Health regarding social distancing and key preventative measures. We're counting on you, Jackets!