A limited number of preschool scholarships are available to students who qualify at Emerson Family School for the 2019-20 school year.
To schedule a conference and complete required documents, contact Emerson Family School at 662.615.0033. The deadline to apply is May 31.
Individual family conferences will be scheduled June 3-7 at Emerson Family School to submit required documents. Assessments to determine academic need for children whose families meet minimum requirements for scholarships will be held June 10-14. Estimated assessment time frame per child is 15-20 minutes. An adult family member must accompany the child and stay at Emerson while assessment is completed.
Families will be notified no later than June 28 about scholarship acceptance for their child.
Documents required for scholarship determination:
- Birth Certificate of child to verify birthdate (Must be 4 years-old on or before September 1, 2019)
- Government issued ID for family member
- Recent family income tax return
- SNAP documentation (if participating)
- TANF documentation (if participating)
- SSI documentation (if participating)
- Section 8 or HUD housing documentation (if participating)
- Documentation of free/reduced meals with SOCSD for older children in family (if participating)
Scholarships are funded by Starkville Oktibbeha Early Learning Collaborative Tax Credit Donations.