SOAR Community Foundation recognizes, rewards and supports excellence in teaching with its Teacher of Distinction Awards program.
SOAR is currently seeking Teacher of Distinction nominations for the 2020-21 school year for kindergarten through twelfth grade (including Special Education) in the Starkville and Oktibbeha public, parochial, and private schools. Students, parents, teachers, administrators, other school district employees, or community citizens can make nominations based on their observation and assessment of the teacher. Nominees must then apply by submitting required documentation to support their nomination. A local screening committee will provide an initial review of all applications while an external selection committee chooses the award winners. Nominations must be postmarked by May 31, 2021, to SOAR, P.O. Box 80010, Starkville, MS 39760.
- Fund up to three (3) $1000 awards for teachers
- Present a symbol of this designation as a Teacher of Distinction
- Awards presented January 2020
- Student academic performance and growth
- Ability to inspire students
- Excellence beyond required duties
- Professional achievement and development
- Ambassador for the school district and education
- Effective approaches to teaching
- High level of integrity in all areas
To download a nomination, click on the link below:
SOAR stands for Starkville/Oktibbeha Achieving Results and was established in 2002 as an affiliate with CREATE.