The Starkville Oktibbeha School District is working to raise awareness about the Emergency Broadband Benefit, a pandemic-related benefit from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to help lower the cost of broadband service for Yellow Jacket families.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit program provides a monthly discount of up to $50 for internet service to families who qualify with a participating provider.
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers
- Meets eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
For additional information, check out these helpful links:
About Emergency Broadband Benefit: https://getemergencybroadband.org/
Do I Qualify?: https://getemergencybroadband.org/do-i-qualify/
How to Apply: https://getemergencybroadband.org/how-to-apply/
Service Providers/Companies Near Me: https://getemergencybroadband.org/companies-near-me
Free/Reduced Lunch Status: https://admin.nlappscloud.com/statuslookup/SelectDistrict
Emergency Broadband Support Center: (833) 511-0311
Enrollment in the Emergency Broadband Benefit is currently open and is limited to one monthly service discount per household.
Eligible households can enroll through a participating broadband provider or directly with the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) using an online or mail-in application. Additional information about the Emergency Broadband Benefit is available at www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit or by calling 833-511-0311 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. any day of the week.