The Starkville Oktibbeha School District is enhancing security measures for Yellow Jacket athletic events.
A clear bag requirement will be implemented for the 2022 - 2023 academic year.
Additional security procedures will also include the use of metal detectors and/or handheld wand devices and bag inspection.
Security Screening Checkpoint
All persons and bags are subject to search upon entry into Yellow Jacket athletic facilities.
Failure to consent or submit to inspection will result in denial of entry.
Clear Bag Requirements
Guests may carry the following style and size bag into the venue:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyle or PVC and do no exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic storage bag similar to a ziploc
- Small clutch bag, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Prohibited bags include but are not limited to:
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Fanny packs, cinch bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags
- Diaper bags
- Binocular cases
- Camera bags
- Large seat cushions that exceed 16"
Seat Cushions/Seatbacks Requirements
- Approved seat cushions and seatbacks cannot be larger than 16"
- Seat cushions cannot have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers