Please review our student registration information below for important registration dates, how to use PowerSchool to register, age requirements, residency and other required documents, and contact information for our information specialists.
REGISTRATION DATES for the 2023-2024 School Year
All New Student & Kindergarten Online Registration -- NOW OPEN
Who can register: Students in all grades who are new to the district
NOTE: Students currently enrolled in PreK at Sudduth or West will register as returning students. SEE BELOW.
Returning Student Online Registration -- OPENS APRIL 4
Who can register: All students currently enrolled in SOSD, including PreK students at Sudduth or West Elementary
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
- Kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school year opens March 21
- New student registration for all other grades for the 2023-2024 school year opens May 2
- All student registration for the 2023-2024 school year requires an account in our PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one to complete registration requirements. Please click to download our guide for creating your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Please review the residency verifications and documents required for school registration below. Documents may be uploaded into through our online registration form.
- PreK students currently enrolled at Emerson Preschool will register as NEW STUDENTS for the 2023-2024 school year.
RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION
- Returning student registration for the 2023-2024 school year opens April 4
- To complete your online registration form, you must log into your PowerSchool parent portal at http://www.starkvillesd.com/parents/power-school.
- If you have forgotten your password and cannot access your account, select Forgot Username or Password, and follow the prompts. If you are still unable to access your account, please contact your child's school to assist you. See contact list below for each school.
- If you do not have an account, you will need to create one to complete registration requirements. Please download our step by guide for creating your PowerSchool Parent Portal at PowerSchool for Parents.
- Please review the residency verification documents required for school registration below. New documents are required each year and may be uploaded into through our online registration form. Mortgage statements must be dated within 12 months of registration. Utility bills must be dated within 60 days of registration.
- Students who are currently enrolled in Pre-K at Sudduth Elementary School and West Elementary School will register as RETURNING STUDENTS for kindergarten.
ACCESSING THE SOSD ONLINE REGISTRATION PORTAL
Drive up to any school campus and access our free WiFi service using your personal device.
Can I use my phone to complete registration?
Yes, you can use your phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to complete your child's online registration form.
Our student information specialists are here to help during normal school hours Monday - Friday from 7:30 am until 3:30 pm. Visit your child's school office or contact the appropriate person from the list below at your child's school.
Sudduth Elementary School
Lynn Wells -- firstname.lastname@example.org or 662.324.4150
Henderson Ward Stewart Elementary School
Heather Butler -- email@example.com or 662.324.4160
Overstreet Elementary School
Katrina McClelland -- firstname.lastname@example.org or 662.324.4193
West Elementary School
Mattie Sanders -- email@example.com or 662.465.7956
Partnership Middle School
Dewanda Crawford -- firstname.lastname@example.org or 662.324.4181
Armstrong Junior High School
Keona Carter -- email@example.com or 662.324.4070
Starkville High School
Shonda McGee -- firstname.lastname@example.org or 662.324.4130
Ettaronda Hogan -- email@example.com
FOSTER CARE ASSISTANCE
For help with getting children in foster care registered for school, foster parents may contact:
Assistant Superintendent for Federal Programs and Student Support Services
Parents/guardians are required by the state auditor’s office to provide two proofs of residency verification annually for a child to legally enroll in the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidation School District. Proofs of residency must be current and must have the same address as the one listed on the registration document. Parents/guardians must provide the Starkville Oktibbeha School District with a minimum of one document from each group as verification of address.
Mortgage Statement (dated within 12 months of registration)
Property Tax Deed
Filed Homestead Exemption Application
Apartment or Home Lease
Filed Property or Warranty Deed
Utility Bill (dated within 60 days of registration)
Driver's License or State Issued Identification Card
Certified copy of filed petition for guardianship/final guardianship decree
If utilities are included in the Apartment or Home Lease, please use one of the following documents for the second proof of residency:
Doctor, dentist or hospital bill (mailed to address)
Credit card statement
Insurance policy (Health)
State or federal benefit check
Salary check stub
Government mailing (Social Security or Medicaid Determination letter, IRS, etc.)
Driver’s License or State Issued Identification Card
District administration may approve other documentation that will objectively verify residency ONLY in circumstances that building level administrators deem extenuating circumstances.
AUTOMOBILE REGISTRATION AND VOTER PRECINCT IDENTIFICATION ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY.
When both parent and child are living with someone else, an affidavit of residency should be completed. Click to download Affidavit of Residency form.
OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
In addition to proof of residency verification, the following documents are required for students to complete registration and enroll in the Starkville Oktibbeha School District:
MS Form 121 for immunization record for new students: Mississippi School Immunization Laws
Updated immunization form required for all students entering 7th Grade:
The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) will require the Tdap vaccination for all students entering 7th grade beginning with the coming school year.
Students entering 7th grade will not be allowed to attend school without providing an updated immunization record, referred to as a Form 121 Immunization document showing all required immunizations, including the Tdap vaccination.
The required Tdap vaccination and other recommended vaccinations are available at the Oktibbeha County Health Department located on Yeates Street.
Parents must provide an updated immunization record if their child is entering 7th grade.
Certified Birth Certificate (New students ONLY)
WHO MAY ATTEND SOSD
Subject to the provision of the laws of the State of Mississippi, the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District shall provide a free, appropriate, public education to the following students:
- Emancipated minor children who reside within the boundaries of the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District.
- Minor children who lack a fixed, nighttime address.
- Minor children who reside with one or both natural parents within the boundaries of the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District.
- Minor children who reside with a court-appointed legal guardian within the boundaries of the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District, except those who reside with a legal guardian whose guardianship was established for the purpose of establishing residency for school district attendance purposes.
- Minor children who reside with a guardian or someone who acts and/or functions as a parent or guardian, whether or not the same be a natural parent or legal guardian within the boundaries of the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District. However, such minor children may not establish such an arrangement for the purpose of school district attendance.
- Minor children who reside outside the boundaries of the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District, whose parent(s) or legal guardian(s) are employees of the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District and whose parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have chosen to enroll the minor child or children to the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District.
- Minors who have been accepted by virtue of the inter-district transfer provisions of state law.
AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR SOCSD STUDENTS
The school district complies with age requirements for entry into kindergarten and grade 1 as follows:
A child must have attained his/her fifth birthday on or before September 1 of the current year.
A child must have attained his/her sixth birthday on or before September 1 of the current year.
Any child who transfers from an out-of-state school whose state law provides for an enrollment date subsequent to September 1 may be enrolled if specific provisions of Mississippi Code Section 37-15-9 are met.
Special Education, Developmentally Delayed Classes:
Students who are ruled eligible for Special Education Developmentally Delayed classes may be enrolled if they have attained their third birthday on or before December 1 of the current year.
Maximum age of attendance:
Individuals 21 years of age or older must have written permission of the board for attendance.