Let us SPARK your interest
in a career of EXCELLENCE!
Now is the time begin a career of excellence... Your most innovative, collaborative, and impactful professional experience is waiting in the Starkville Oktibbeha School District.
SOCSD believes excellent classroom experiences begin with excellent teachers and excellent support personnel! The job fair is open to all candidates who want to learn more about excellent career opportunities in the Starkville Oktibbeha School District. This includes certified teaching positions in all grades and disciplines from PreK - High School, along with non-certified positions for teacher assistants, office staff, cafeteria, custodial, transportation, security and other support personnel.
As part of our team, you'll thrive in a school, a district, and a community where your unique potential can be realized and shaped every day as you discover your excellence through.....
- job-embedded professional development
- professional learning communities
- collaborative workplace culture
- engaging support system
- community and university cultural and academic resources
- local teaching salary supplements
- secondary science high-need area recruitment incentive
- innovative collegiate partnerships, including The MSU SOCSD Partnership School
This is YOUR moment.
Join an educational team that is focused on developing teachers and nurturing students. APPLY TODAY and let your excellence shine in the Starkville Oktibbeha School District.
To learn more about our school district, visit our Spark Resouces page at www.starkvillesd.com/see-our-spark/download-spark-resources.
Local Teacher Supplement
- Starkville Oktibbeha School District offers all teachers a local supplement each year
- $2250 - $3250 above Mississippi's minimum salary based on certification and experience
Partnership Middle School Employee Scholarship
- Mississippi State University awards scholarships to faculty and staff at Partnership Middle School for one course per semester.
- All Partnership Middle School employees are eligible.
- Employees may take up to one course per semester, including summer semester.
- Sudduth Elementary
- West Elementary
- Henderson Ward Stewart Elementary
- Overstreet Elementary
- Partnership Middle
- Armstrong Junior High
- Starkville High
- Academic Houses at Starkville High School blend classroom & career learning expereinces
- Award-winning partnerships provide engaging, hands-on learning experiences in STEM and science
- GrOW classroom emphasizes importance of health & wellness
- Maker space labs at every level
- 1:1 Technology
Professional Learning Community
- Job embedded professional development
- Ongoing professional development
- Collaborative workplace culture
- Engaging support system
- Common planning periods
- Local teaching salary supplements
Groundbreaking Partnership School
- Serving all 6th-7th grade students in the Starkville Oktibbeha School District
- Housing up to 1000 students in a 128,000 square foot collaborative learning facility
- Providing classroom, observation and research space for teacher training
- Maximizing hands-on learning opportunities with easy access to academic and cultural resources on the Mississippi State University campus
Vibrant University Town
- Consistently named one of Mississippi's best places to live
- Eclectic shopping districts & a thriving Downtown scene
- World-class farm-to-table culinary culture
- Multitude of Parks & Recreation opportunities
- Hub of creative enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Year-round community experiences, including Starkville Community Market, festivals, live music, multi-cultural events, and more!