Let us SPARK your interest
in a career of EXCELLENCE!
Now is the time begin a career of excellence... Your most innovative, collaborative, and impactful professional experience is waiting in the Starkville Oktibbeha School District.
SOCSD believes excellent classroom experiences begin with excellent teachers and excellent support personnel! The job fair is open to all candidates who want to learn more about excellent career opportunities in the Starkville Oktibbeha School District. This includes certified teaching positions in all grades and disciplines from PreK - High School, along with non-certified positions for teacher assistants, office staff, cafeteria, custodial, transportation, security and other support personnel.
As part of our team, you'll thrive in a school, a district, and a community where your unique potential can be realized and shaped every day as you discover your excellence through.....
- job-embedded professional development
- professional learning communities
- collaborative workplace culture
- engaging support system
- community and university cultural and academic resources
- local teaching salary supplements
- innovative collegiate partnerships, including The MSU SOCSD Partnership School
This is YOUR moment.
Join an educational team that is focused on developing teachers and nurturing students. APPLY TODAY and let your excellence shine in the Starkville Oktibbeha School District.
To learn more about our school district, visit our Spark Resouces page at www.starkvillesd.com/see-our-spark/download-spark-resources.
Groundbreaking Partnership School
- Serving all 6th-7th grade students in the Starkville Oktibbeha School District
- Housing up to 1000 students in a 128,000 square foot collaborative learning facility
- Providing classroom, observation and research space for teacher training
- Maximizing hands-on learning opportunities with easy access to academic and cultural resources on the Mississippi State University campus
Vibrant University Town
- Consistently named one of Mississippi's best places to live
- Eclectic shopping districts & a thriving Downtown scene
- World-class farm-to-table culinary culture
- Multitude of Parks & Recreation opportunities
- Hub of creative enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Year-round community experiences, including Starkville Community Market, festivals, live music, multi-cultural events, and more!
- Part of the Mississippi Innovation Lab Network - one of only four in the state
- Cyber Foundations pilot site - implementing coding as core curriculum for every middle schooler
- Leader in Me implemented district-wide
- Award-winning STEM and environmental sciences learning experiences
Professional Learning Community
- Job embedded professional development
- Ongoing professional development
- Collaborative workplace culture
- Engaging support system
- Common planning periods
- Local teaching salary supplements