Dear Yellow Jacket Family,
The Child Nutrition Department and our excellent staff have missed seeing your students every day in our school cafeterias. We are excited about students returning to our schools, and we look to serving them again soon!
As we prepare for the start of a new school year, we have a few changes to make you aware of regarding meal service as our schools and cafeterias implement safety protocols in response to Covid-19:
- Please take a moment and review the menus posted to MealViewer. We have made a few changes to help the line move faster and make meals more portable.
- Students will not have to enter or remember their lunch number. We will be scanning a barcode at breakfast and utilizing a roster at lunch.
- School lunch and breakfast meals are free to all students for the 2020-21 school year.
- If parents normally complete a lunch application but their children are virtual learners this year, a lunch application still should be completed. Attached is a letter to parents that provide more information regarding the lunch application process. Visit www.starkvillesd.schoollunchapp.com to complete an application on-line. Click to read our Household Letter Regarding School Meals for Every Student SY 20-21.
- If your student normally returns a food allergy form, please have your doctor complete the require form annually and return to your student’s cafeteria.
- New to each campus is grab-n-go breakfast carts. Please encourage your students to take advantage of free breakfast at school.
- Meals for virtual students are available for pick up at SHS from 10:30 until 11 daily. For more information, click here.
Thank you for your support of our Child Nutrition Programs. We look forward to serving your students each day. Please do not hesitate to contact the Child Nutrition Office with question (662) 615-0027.
Ginny Hill, MS RD LD
Child Nutrition Director