THE ACADEMIC HOUSES
at Starkville High School
Starkville Oktibbeha School District has partnered with educators, employers, and community leaders to create a new kind of high school experience. The Academic Houses at Starkville High School, the district’s college and career academy model, will provide students the advanced skills they need to be successful, productive citizens in college, career and life through...
SMALL LEARNING COMMUNITIES
- Personalized 21st century learning environments
- Sense of belonging
- Strong student-teacher relationships
- Hands-on, engaging and relevant learning opportunities
- Real-world experiences with local businesses and professionals
- Job shadowing and internships
LINKING SCHOOL & WORK PLACE
- Inspiring critical thinking, collaboration, creativity and communication
- Leveraging personal interests and skills to make school more relevant
- Preparing our students for excellence in an ever-changing world
EXCELLENCE is in the HOUSE!