SOCSD’s communications and public information office is responsible for maintaining effective communications within Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District. It also serves parents and other members of the community and the news media by delivering clear, timely and accurate information about SOCSD. We communicate the objectives and accomplishments of SOCSD so that the public effectively understands district functions and goals.
The communications office also encourages and coordinates news coverage with media, arranges staff interviews and provides responses to requests for information to promote full public understanding of SOCSD issues, policies and accomplishments.
Our role in SOCSD’s success:
- Produce publications with substantive and timely information that market the strength and diversity of SOCSD’s academic, artistic, athletic and extra-curricular programs and promote SOCSD’s numerous awards, honors and accolades earned by SOCSD’s students, teachers, and administrators.
- Support the individual schools, teachers, principals, superintendent, school board, and other executive staff in actively communicating Board actions, new policies and procedures and SOCSD programs.
- Build community support for the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District.
- Recruit new families to the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District by providing school tours, information and additional support.
- Organize and coordinate opportunities to invite our business community into our schools to experience first-hand dynamic teaching that is rigorous and relevant combined with innovative technology designed for 21st century classroom instruction to create the ultimate learning opportunity for students in the Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District.
- Provide timely and complete responses to requests for information pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).