JACKET TECH TEAMS
Starkville Oktibbeha School District welcomes rising 7th-12th grade students to apply for our Jacket Tech Teams! The primary goal of Jacket Tech Teams is to spark natural technical skills and enhance communication skills of our students and provide an opportunity to use those skills in TECHcellence service to classmates and the district.
Jacket Tech Team members will be chosen through an application and interview process, and will provide technical assistance to students, faculty and staff. They will field helpdesk tickets related to 1:1 devices and possibly classroom and office technology.
IMPORTANT DATES & HOW TO APPLY:
March 7, 2023: Informational zoom meeting at 12:00-1:00pm for parents
March 10, 2023: Jacket Tech Team applications due
Click to complete your online application
April 10-13, 2023: Student interviews at each school
JACKET TECH TEAM DUTIES:
- Troubleshoot student devices with issues such as connectivity, power/charging issues, keyboard, track pad, and more.
- Respond to and process SOCSD helpdesk requests for student device maintenance.
- Assist teachers with basic classroom technology troubleshooting.
- Provide login assistance to students.
- Assist with damaged devices by assessing the damaged device, recording steps taken for repair, and processing school district paperwork.
- Assist with issuing new devices to new students or students who need a replacement device per district procedure by recording steps taken for issuing a device and processing school district paperwork.
- Troubleshooting and resolving basic application issues (Google, Microsoft, Canvas, teacher iPad apps, etc.)
- Create how-to videos for technology needs in the district.
- Assist the Technology Department with projects and tasks as needed.
JACKET TECH TEAM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a 7th grade student in 2022-23 school year
- Must be a 9th grade student in 2022-23 school year
- Must be a 11th or 12th grade student in 2022-23 school year
- Minimum GPA or average: 2.50 or C average
- Consistent school attendance
- Minimal tardies
- NO more than 1 day ISS (NONE concerning provoking, altercations, or disrespect)
- NO OSS
- NO BUS Suspension
- Must have 3 teacher recommendations
TEAM MEMBER QUALITIES:
- Good communication skills
- Manages time well
- Works well with others
- Team player
- Responsible and respectful
- Critical thinking and problem solving