PMS COUNSELOR'S CORNER
Our Partnership Middle School Counseling staff works to help students and families with course scheduling, field trips, learning assistance, behavior concerns and other student needs. If you would like to speak with one of our conselors, please reach out at the email addresses below.
Lesley Jones, 6th Grade Counselor
Allyn Williams, 7th Grade Counselor
National Junior Honor Society:
Maintain a cumulative (all subjects) grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher with no C’s, D’s or F’s in any term.
Sixth grade students will be selected based on first semester grades. Seventh and eighth grade students will be selected based on their grades from the previous year(s) and all current grades.
Keep an excellent behavior record and not receive any In-School Suspension (ISS) or any Out-of-School Suspensions (OSS) for the current school year.
Students who have transferred from another school must be enrolled by the end of the first nine weeks of the current school year.
Represent NJHS with pride and dignity.
What does your school counselor do?
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Academic & Behavior Monitoring
- Consult with faculty about individual student needs on an ongoing basis
- Course selection for the new school year
- Arrange parent conferences upon request
- Refer to outside agencies for student needs
We assist students and parents in:
Improving communications between home and school:
- Academic progress
- Behavioral Progress
- Social development
- School relationships
- Outside referrals
- Attendance issues
Current needs & concerns at home:
- Family relationships
- Grief issues
- Child abuse/neglect
Concerns with others:
- Peer relationships
- Conflict resolution
- Decision making
Concerns with self:
- Feeling accepted, fitting in, and appreciated for their unique qualities
- Further developing their emotional & intellectual development
- Exploring their potential for future educational and career opportunities
- Gaining & developing individual responsibility to self, home and community