The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District will accept applications for the following positions until filled.
- SPED Teachers, Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District
- Network Systems Manager, Technology
- Technology Support Specialist, Technology
- Math Teacher, Starkville High School & Armstrong Middle School
- Music Teacher, Henderson Ward Stewart & West Elementary School
- Cyber Foundations I Teacher, Armstrong Middle School
- Cyber Foundations II Teacher, Armstrong Middle School
- Robotics Teacher, Armstrong Middle School
- English Teacher, Starkville High School
- Science Teacher, Starkville High School
- Elementary Teachers, Grades K-5
- Interventionist, Overstreet Elementary School
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY-CENTERED PROGRAMS
Preschool Coordinator (FT, 12 month)
- Responsibilities: Provide a developmentally appropriate instructional environment for young children (toddler to 4 years). Manage the preschool (e.g. staff supervision and professional development, instructional leadership and guidance, enrollment management, budget management, working with parents).
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in early child development, elementary education, administration or related area; 5 years of early childhood experience, preferably in administration/ management; experience in supervising staff; demonstrated leadership ability; excellent communication and organizational skills; knowledge of sound early childhood principles.
- Preferred: Endorsement in Administration.
Starkville Oktibbeha School District is seeking proposals from qualified and experienced evaluation firms, colleges and universities, and grant consultants to evaluate the implementation and impact of its 21st Century Community Learning Center’s 3-year after school project. Duties will involve conducting formative, summative, and outcome evaluations; developing progress reports to the program director, advisory council, and granting agency (Mississippi Department of Education). The deadline to receive the quote is Friday, February 22, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. Any questions and submission of regarding this Invitation should be directed to Dr. Joan Butler, Director of Family Centered Programs by email at email@example.com or by mail at 1504 Louisville Street, Starkville, MS 39759.
Administrative Assistant (PT)
- Responsibilities: Provide administrative support for the daily operations of Extended Day after school program.
- Qualifications: High school diploma (some college preferred); bookkeeping experience; strong organization and communication skills; works well with others.
Office Assistant (12 months, full-time)
- Responsibilities: Provide administrative support to preschool operations; serve as front line of communication with staff, families and community; and maintains financial payment accounts of families.
- Qualifications: High school diploma (two years of college preferred); work experience in an office setting; strong computer, bookkeeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Responsibilities: Oversee program implementation of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers after school project.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in administration, education or related area; evidence of leadership and knowledge of teaching practices; and strong interpersonal skills and management ability.
After School Teachers
- Responsibilities: Assist students in academic instruction in general education and/or specialized areas (e.g. STEM, arts, etc.) with specific emphasis on bridging regular day classroom instruction with afterschool academic enrichment.
- Qualifications: Highly qualified in subject area, successful teaching experience, strong interpersonal skills and management ability.
Adult Education Instructor (PT)
- Responsibilities: Provide literacy, high school equivalency, on-line diploma instruction for adults.
- Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and teaching experience; experience teaching adults and/or out-of-school youth; above average computer skills; excellent organizational skills; ability to connect with community; self-starter; flexible schedule.
Childcare Provider (PT)
- Responsibilities: Provide childcare for families participating in Family Centered Programs’ services.
- Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent, experience working with young children, experience working with persons form diverse cultural and economic backgrounds, good communication skills.
Preschool Teacher (FT, 9 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide a developmentally appropriate instructional environment for young children.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, or related field; early childhood teaching experience; excellent communication skills; knowledge of sound early childhood principles.
Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with young children.
- Requirements: CDA and/or 2 years of college required; experience working with young children; demonstrated experience in using developmentally appropriate practices; excellent oral communication skills.
WorkKeys assessment available at Emerson Family School, 1504 Louisville Street, Starkville. Call 615-0033 for more information.
Pre-K Assistant Teacher (FT, 12 months)
- Responsibilities: Provide assistance to instructional staff in working with 4 year old children.
- Requirements: Early Childhood Associates Degree or Associates Degree and 12 early childhood college credit hours or completion of an approved program (e.g. CDA, National Board Pre-K Certification, Director’s Credential, Montessori Credential, or the MDE’s intensive specialized early childhood training program).
Extended Day Program, August 6, 2018 - May 23, 2019
- Description: Part-time summer job requiring supervision of children (K-5) during playground activities, snack, board games, skating, homework assistance, art activities, etc. The program is located at Sudduth Elementary School.
- Additional Information: Prefer elementary education majors or individuals with prior experience supervising children (scouts, church activities, sports, day care facility, etc.). You must be available to work Monday - Friday between the hours of 2:45 - 5:30.
- Hourly Wages: $8.00/hr
- NOTE: You will be contacted by phone if you are selected for an interview.
- Bus Drivers