Our student artists are buzz worthy! The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District PTO celebrates the artistic talents of our students for their original works in drawing, painting, photography and writing with its annual Buzzys Art Awards.
All Pre-K-12 students enrolled in the Starkville Oktibbeha School District are invited to submit work to the Buzzys Art Contest. The deadline for submission of artwork is extended until December 10, 2021.
Students are invited to submit an original work of art in one of the following categories:
- 2D – Drawing, Painting, Collage, Mixed Media, Digital Art
- 3D – Clay, Wood, Paper Maché, Fiber (cloth/textile)
- Photography – Digital or Print
- Creative Writing – Short Story, Poetry
Click here to review the judging rubrics for your entry category.
There are two ways to submit. Please only choose one option for submission.
- Submit ONLINE- Students may submit ONLINE at: https://msuart.submittable.com/submit
- Submit At School/In-Person - All students may bring their artwork or creative writing entry to their school and deliver it to their teacher along with a completed entry form. If you are bringing your artwork to school, please print and complete the entry form at the link below. Students who turn in their work at school DO NOT need to submit online. Please complete a form for EACH submission. Be sure your entry form is attached to the back of your submission. Click here to download Buzzys Art Contest Application.
To see examples of work from previous Buzzys competition visit: caad.msstate.edu/exhibitions/2021/buzzys-art-contest
An award ceremony and online gallery exhibition of all the winning artwork are planned for February 2022. Winners will be notified prior to any events. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.