Starkville High School welcomes the Louisville High School Wildcats for our second home football game on Friday, September 15 at 7:00pm at Yellow Jacket Stadium. Come out in your black and gold and cheer the Jackets in this area rivalry.
As Starkville Oktibbeha School District prepares to welcome the greater Starkville community and our neighbors from Winston County for the game, we are asking fans to be aware of the following SOSD Gameday Operations. PLEASE NOTE: Requirements for game admittance for students have changed. Please see below for details.
- All football home game tickets should be purchased in advance through our gofan.co ticketing partner.
- No tickets will be sold at the gate.
GAME ADMITTANCE (Updated)
- Students will be allowed admittance without a parent or guardian if they present an e-ticket AND a valid 2023-2024 Starkville High School Student ID or a valid driver's license.
- All other student ticket holders must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the game and must be supervised by a parent or guardian while attending.
- No admittance to the game will be allowed after the end of the 3rd quarter.
- All stadium parking for the 2023-2024 season will be OPEN Parking.
- No attendees will be present to direct parking on campus.
- There is no fee for parking on SHS campus during football games.
- A clear bag policy at Yellow Jacket stadium will be strictly enforced. Please see the diagram below for details on the types of bags allowed in the stadium. All other bag types will be confiscated.
- Security screening will occur at each entrance gate, and every attendee will be screened. Please be prepared to empty pockets prior to entry into the stadium. Security staff will also use metal detectors and wanding of attendees.
- Because of strict security screening, patrons should expect longer wait times to enter the stadium.
- Additional lighting will be provided for parking lot and stadium areas.
- Additional administrators, school resource officers and staff from Oktibbeha County Sherrif's Office and Starkville Police Department will be present at Friday's ballgame.
- Security staff and law enforcement officers will be on hand at the conclusion of Friday's game to direct traffic out of the stadium complex and SHS campus.
- Security will provide four routes of exit from campus. There will be no entry into campus immediately following the conclusion of the ballgame until campus is partially cleared.
- Please be mindful of pedestrians as you exit campus, and adhere to all direction from law enforcement.
Thank you to our staff, students and community for working with us to ensure the upcoming Yellow Jacket football season is a fun and safe environment for families to enjoy the Jackets in action! GO JACKETS!