Starkville High School has announced plans for Student Council elections for class representatives for the 2020-21 school year.
There are 15 representatives per grade level. Each candidate must complete an online application to qualify. The deadline to apply is April 30 at 4 pm.
Click here to apply: https://forms.gle/ZhKJbPorEkd21dw87
According to the current constitution you must meet the following requirements to eligible to run:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- No more than 2 days of In School Suspensions (January 2020 - present)
- Zero nights of Evening School or Out of School Suspension (August 2019 - present)
- Application must be completed by the deadline
- Must attend an interest meeting on Zoom scheduled for Wednesday, 4/29/20 at 12 pm. Due to COVID-19 a transcript of the meeting can be sent to anyone who is unable to attend and informs the advisor Sara Fraza at sfraza@starkvilleSD.com.
- Zoom Meeting ID 765-3308-1453
- Zoom Meeting Password 086967
Campaigning will take place virtually from Friday, May 1 at 8 am until Wednesday, May 6 at 4 pm. Candidates will have a $25 campaign expense limit. This is a personal expense and shall not be reimbursed by Starkville High School Student Council. Candidates may not pass out candy, food, drinks or stickers. All social media campaigns should be positive in nature and should not negatively reference any other students.
Voting will be held online on Friday, May 8 from 8 am until 8 pm. A link for voting will be available at www.starkvillesd.com/shs. If there is a tie, a runoff election will be held for those candidates tied for 15th selection for representative position.
Winners will be announced no later than Friday, May 15 at 4 pm. Winners will be notified by email, and they will be posted on Instagram @student_council_shs.